BLASTmedia is searching for college students that are ready to learn and get their hands dirty in a fast-paced agency environment. During this internship you’ll work alongside BLASTmedia’s talented team to gain valuable experience in your career field, create portfolio-worthy work samples, and leave with an applied understanding of strategic communications.
Our Summer 2015 digital marketing internship program extends from May 11 – August 7. During this time you’ll gain a holistic view of agency life and hands-on experience including tight deadlines, working on projects outside of your comfort zone, and experiencing the true “work hard, play hard” mentality that is BLASTmedia. The digital marketing internship is paid, and you’ll spend up to 35 hours in the office per week.
Here are the qualifications we’re looking for in a BLASTmedia intern:
- Junior or senior level college student from Indy-area school or willing to commute
- Previous internship experience (industry-specific is a plus!)
- Aptitude for a fast-paced work environment and hard working, professional attitude
- Self-starter with the ability to manage several projects at once
- Collaborative project experience working towards a common goal
For Summer 2015, BLASTmedia is in need of up to 4 digital marketing interns to fulfill the following open concentrations: public relations & social media, creative design, and digital advertising.
We expect our interns to:
- Show up, speak up, and flourish in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Have exemplary writing ability
- Be organized and detail oriented
- Learn from their mistakes and apply feedback on the next project
- Have a positive and professional can-do attitude and ask lots of questions!
BLASTmedia will give you:
- Hands-on training in your concentration and introduction to client communication
- Opportunity to contribute in company-wide brainstorms and think-tanks
- One-on-one feedback and opportunity to learn from seasoned professionals
- Portfolio-worthy projects and agency experience to shape your career path
BLASTmedia intern projects include, but are not limited to:
- Assist account executives with the implementation of client campaigns
- Create content for clients including (but not limited to) press releases, bylined articles, blog posts, communication audits, award submissions, infographics, contest proposals, motion graphics, case studies, and ad copy
- Email and phone pitch members of the media
- Research and create editorial calendars for PR pitching or blog post writing
- Conduct client and competitor research
- Analyze campaign performance and provide recommendations
- Assist on digital ad creation, analysis, and performance reporting for clients
If this sounds like your dream internship, submit the following materials to email@example.com. We’ll be accepting applications for Summer 2015 until February 1.
- Cover letter
- Writing samples
- Creative portfolio or website link (if applicable)