In addition to our belief that vacation time should be maximized, we offer core hours to all team members daily – giving the freedom to come in either early or late morning and working the hours that make sense for you. Summertime means ½ day Fridays from Memorial to Labor day, and the ability to work from home a set number of days each month.
The team that eats together, stays together. We stock our break area with healthy snacks from a food delivery service and stay hydrated (and caffeinated!) with coffee, tea, soda and good-old H20.
BLASTmedia is a lean, mean, PR machine. Want a personal trainer? We have a full-time trainer on staff for team members to utilize at no-cost in our on-site gym. Stocked with cardio, free weights and nautilus machines, gym fees are covered by BLASTmedia.
We can’t get enough of each other in the office, so after work activities are a-plenty. From team trivia nights to outings at the ballpark, and from gut-bomb pitch-ins to movie matinees, we bring the party wherever we go.
BLASTmedia offers significant health benefits, including medical, dental and vision, as well as 401K contribution with company match, day one of employment.
We don’t value complacency. Continuing education is a priority and we provide each team member an annual stipend to be used for seminars, webinars and conferences of their choosing. In addition, you’ll be presented with Lunch & Learns, Think Tanks and opportunities for soft skills development through our personal development partner, trueU
BLASTmedia, a national B2B PR agency specializing in media relations, content creation and amplification, is currently looking for a high-energy and creative professional with two to four years of prior work experience in media relations and/or content creation.
Our ideal team member is a self-starter, writer and thinker, passionate about driving results and comfortable taking initiative. This position reports to a director of accounts, with the ability to work directly with clients and executive team members at the agency.
BLASTmedia provides competitive wages, paid gym and personal trainer access, paid holidays, PTO and benefits, including a 401(k) plan with discretionary employer match, continuing education stipend and bonus opportunities. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Our open office environment and team structure provides a challenging, fun and highly-energetic work culture inclusive of a stocked fridge with drinks and snacks and half-day Fridays during the summer months.
- Execute media relations campaigns beyond writing a press release – pitching stories by email and phone, writing/placing contributed content with national and trade media and coaching clients through interview opportunities
- Build client and media relationships
- Write and edit client materials (press releases, blogs, case studies, award submissions)
- Strategically manage and contribute content to client social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram)
- Quickly and efficiently handle media deadlines and client communication
- Show initiative
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt to different personalities and communication styles
- Understand the PR process and how to secure media stories
- Understand social media’s role in customer communications
- Show proven success with long-form writing/content creation
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment with high expectations
- Have a positive attitude
A bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communication or related field
3+ years of prior PR / media relations experience
- Agency experience is a plus