Have you found yourself getting more and more of your news from podcasts these days? Perhaps you’ve even thought to yourself, “I should be on a podcast.”
I’m here to tell you that we can help with that.
According to the “2019 Podcast Consumer Report” from Edison Research and Triton Digital, as many as 62 million Americans per week are listening to podcasts, and 41% of listeners reported they are listening to more podcasts in 2019 compared to the year prior.
Furthermore, podcasts are also highly niched; for example, The Pen Addict podcast “is a weekly fix for all things stationery. Pens, pencils, paper, ink – you name it.” If you can imagine an esoteric topic, you can likely find a podcast dedicated to it.
The rise in popularity of podcasts and their niche nature makes them an important element in any comprehensive SaaS PR plan.
If you’re not convinced, check out some of the podcasts we’ve secured for our clients over the past few months:
- Phil Tee, co-founder and CEO of Moogsoft, was a featured guest on the IT Visionaries podcast, where he discussed his company’s work using artificial intelligence to prevent website and web app outages.
- What’s Ethical with Beth Haddock spoke with LogicGate CEO Mark Kunkel about how to effectively manage a corporate compliance program.
- Adrian Cohn, Director of Brand Strategy and Comms at Smartling, was featured on Salesforce’s Marketing Cloudcast podcast to discuss the importance of multilingual marketing content.
- The CEO of the restaurant point of sale (POS) system Lavu, Saleem Khatri, recently appeared on the Restaurant Rockstars podcast to discuss how POS systems are so much more than a cash register.
- Dirck Schou, CEO of Taqtile, appeared on The Manufacturing Show to discuss the role augmented reality and extended reality can play in workforce enablement.
Finally, as an example of the cobbler’s kid, in fact, having shoes, our very own Kim Jefferson and Lydia Beechler were recently guests on the Upside.FM Podcast and discussed how we approach developing a holistic public relations strategy for startups.
If you’re interested in adding podcasts to your public relations and marketing strategy, get ahold of Lindsey Groepper – an accomplished podcaster herself – and see how BLASTmedia can get you on the air!
- Getting “On the Air” With Podcasts - May 5, 2020
- How Data Privacy and Cybersecurity are Changing the Tech Industry - March 26, 2019
- No Tricks Here, B2B Tech Coverage is Booming - October 2, 2018
- Five Reasons to Hire a PR Agency vs. In-House PR Pro - August 16, 2018
- What Does Agile Marketing Mean for PR? - May 15, 2018