With tech becoming such a prominent part of our society, and companies increasingly storing consumer data in the cloud, the conversation around data privacy and cybersecurity continues to grow. While data privacy focuses on who is authorized to access data, and cybersecurity focuses on securing data from those unauthorized to have it, it’s imperative that SaaS organizations are actively considering both in today’s digital-first world.
In the past few years we have seen several data breaches involving large companies which has affected millions of people. One of the biggest recent data breaches involved Marriott, who had to inform 500 million guests that their personal data had potentially been stolen by hackers. These breaches have caused countries, states and companies to reconsider data privacy and push for more strict regulations. In terms of legislation, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) are looked at as model pieces of legislation in regulating data privacy.
Thought Leaders Join the Data Privacy and Cybersecurity Conversation
As data privacy and cybersecurity continue to be covered in the media across just about every industry, we encourage our B2B SaaS clients to participate in the conversation. Through story mining calls, reactive campaigns and ongoing media outreach, we have been able to secure coverage in trade and national publications on these trending topics:
- LogicGate’s CEO shares his predictions for 2019 on GRC with Corporate Compliance Insights
- The CEO of AODocs wrapped up a three-part series for BetaNews on cybersecurity hygiene and secure networks
- Intervision shared insight on the ramifications of GDPR with BetaNews as they look into 2019
- CEO and co-founder of LogicGate shared his perspective on how governance, risk and compliance can make patient data safer with Digital Commerce 360.
- LogicGate and 250ok shared their thoughts on data privacy and the growing push for legislation in the United States with Digital Trends.
Do you have perspective that you would like to share on consumer data privacy and/or cybersecurity? Reach out to Lindsey Groepper to find out how BLASTmedia can help you join the conversation.