After putting together a launch strategy, which included a multi-city press tour, BLASTmedia reached out to our media contacts to set up in-person demos of the new product with top-tier media prior to launch. BLASTmedia also set up a virtual press tour, with demos of the Pico product available on Skype and Facetime.
Through our PR efforts, Pico was featured in national outlets including CNN, Forbes, Bloomberg News, The Wall Street Journal, Engadget and CNET, totaling over 300 million media impressions in seven days.
The national media coverage, coupled with the company’s digital advertising strategy, propelled the project to reach its goal of $200,000 less than nine hours after launch and to reach $500,000 in under a week after the campaign began. Additionally, the top two revenue sources to the Pico Kickstarter page were a result of media coverage secured by BLASTmedia.
Now, only 10 days into a four-week campaign, the Pico project has already raised more funds than the company’s first product (which debuted on Kickstarter in 2013) achieved during its entire crowdfunding campaign.
- Campaign Spotlight: PicoBrew Pico Kickstarter Launch - November 4, 2015
- Five Marketing Must-Knows For This Week - September 24, 2015
- 7 Content Marketing Tips for PR Pros - July 22, 2015
- Duking it out for dollars: Content marketing vs. native advertising and how to decide which is right for you - June 10, 2015
- Facebook Instant Articles: The impact for content marketers - May 14, 2015