“When we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed.” ― Maya Angelou
Last week, members of BLASTmedia took a break from their busy days of public relations, social and paid media to give back to the local community with the Hugh O’Brien Youth Leadership Conference (HOBY) in Indianapolis.
In its 35th year, HOBY brought together 152 high school sophomores, who conducted 660 hours of community service during the four-day conference. Aiding local organizations like the Indiana School for the Blind, Shared Harvest Project and Gleaners Food Bank, the HOBY participants did everything from gardening, landscaping and painting to writing letters to veterans.
Led by Senior Vice President Sabrina List, a 16-year HOBY veteran who was also the 2014 Leadership Seminar Chair, the BLASTmedia team put their skills into action to help with everything from meet and greets, to student check in and a Lunch with the Pros. During this event, BLASTmedia CEO Kelly Hendricks, along with executives from Bluelock and h.h. gregg talked to the students about their own careers and the steps they took to achieve their professional success.
We were excited to be able to work with a group that has a goal of serving others and to spend time giving back to our local community! Do you have a favorite charity or volunteer activity you like to participate in on a regular basis?
- Campaign Spotlight: PicoBrew Pico Kickstarter Launch - November 4, 2015
- Five Marketing Must-Knows For This Week - September 24, 2015
- 7 Content Marketing Tips for PR Pros - July 22, 2015
- Duking it out for dollars: Content marketing vs. native advertising and how to decide which is right for you - June 10, 2015
- Facebook Instant Articles: The impact for content marketers - May 14, 2015