Lara Parker, one of BLASTmedia’s interns, helped put together our quarterly volunteer event. Instead of mimicking events past (packing up meals at Gleaner’s or planting trees for Keep Indianapolis Beautiful), Lara had the bright idea of bring our social media and PR knowledge to the Indianapolis community.
She has reached out to local not-for-profits in an effort to share some of our PR and social media tips and tricks. Below are a few questions we asked in effort to educate our loyal blog readers about the upcoming event:
What is the focus of this event?
- Lara: The world of marketing has changed so much just in the last 12 months and it’s important to keep up to date with the changing times. We want to help our local not-for-profits build an arsenal full of PR and social media tools and tactics.
Why did you choose PR and social media strategies?
- Lara: Public relations is a tricky field and demands a lot of time dedicated to the practice. For not- for-profits it’s hard to employ enough people to be able to ensure all the needs of PR are met. By sharing past experiences and personal advice, we hope to make it easier to man the PR ship for not-for-profits with as little as 1-2 people manning the helm.
What do you hope people take away from this event?
- Lara: We hope to provide some insider PR and social media information that not-for-profit organizations wouldn’t necessarily be able to glean without forking out a large chunk of money for an agency. It’s a way to give back to the Indianapolis community, because we love it here!
Thus far, the Gleaner’s Food Banks, Center For Wellness for Urban Women, Boys and Girls Club of Indianapolis and Key Club International will be attending. (We can’t wait to see you!) Now it’s your turn to sign up! RSVP to our event and enjoy some breakfast on September 17, 2013 at 9 a.m. at Launch Fishers (7 Launch Way, Fishers, IN).
Interested? Any questions/comments/concerns can be directed to Lara Parker: firstname.lastname@example.org or (765) 318-4760
- How to share coverage behind a paywall - September 8, 2020
- The Intersection Between PR and SEO - July 28, 2020
- Thought Leadership: Tips to Lay the Foundation of Expertise - May 12, 2020
- Pros and Cons of Offering an Exclusive for Your Funding Announcement - October 8, 2019
- Developing a SaaS Award Strategy: 4 Accolades Zendesk Won Before Going Public - April 9, 2019