That Julie Perry is at it again! BLASTmedia’s vice president of social media & audience development, Julie Perry is leading a panel discussion this week at BlogWorld & New Media Expo 2011 in Los Angeles. Held November 3-5, 2011 at the Los Angeles Convention Center, BlogWorld is the social media event of the year, with over 275 speakers and three days full of trending sessions and workshops, a tradeshow filled with new media resources, and great networking events.
On Friday, November 4, Julie will be leading a panel discussion Reviews are the New Advertising: YouTube Reviewers & Haulers, which will discuss the YouTube phenomenon of “teen haulers,” a term given to the tech-savvy young fashionistas who show off their purchases — or hauls — in homemade videos that they post online. (Of course, the term now more broadly refers to any type of YouTube content producer posting reviews of products and services — from tech gadgets and iPhone apps to interior decorating and baking.)
More specifically, Julie’s panel will speak to the following:
- What opportunities exist for brands to leverage the power and influence of these “wo/men-on-the-street” reviewers: how does their influence compare to old methods of PR outreach and what are some tips for making the most of this new marketing tool?
- How might YOU ride this wave and become a YouTube reviewer yourself: how do you get started, at what point does it become lucrative, and what are some tips for success (or pitfalls to avoid)?
- As consumers are now becoming publishers, what are some of the New Media vs. Traditional Media issues to be explored, such as editorial integrity, transparency, and what this means for brands and agencies that solicit such endorsements?
As you may know, this is Julie’s second invitation to speak at BlogWorld this year. In May, she spoke at BlogWorld East in New York City, where she flew solo in her presentation of “17 Killer YouTube Tactics for Targeted Traffic Generation and YouTube Search Optimization.”
Who: Julie Perry, VP and director of social media at BLASTmedia, whose social media team pitches YouTube reviewers and leverages this New Media trend for a variety of its clients.
Other panelists include:
What: Reviews are the New Advertising during BlogWorld & New Media Expo 2011
When: Friday, November 4, 2011, 4PM to 5PM
Where: Los Angeles Convention Center, Room 409 B
Heading to BlogWorld? If so, you can also visit and chat with Julie and Paul Colligan during a YouTube MeetUp. The meetup is today (November 3) from 3:30 – 4:30pm in Room 404 A/B at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Join Julie and Paul for a great discussion of all things YouTube — monetization, strategy and more.
In fact, for a good example of a YouTube Reviewer video that yielded incredible results for a brand or product, check out SoldierKnowsBest’s review of the Eton Soulra XL from earlier this year:
- How Data Privacy and Cybersecurity are Changing the Tech Industry - March 26, 2019
- No Tricks Here, B2B Tech Coverage is Booming - October 2, 2018
- Five Reasons to Hire a PR Agency vs. In-House PR Pro - August 16, 2018
- What Does Agile Marketing Mean for PR? - May 15, 2018
- Going for Gold with Winning Media Coverage - March 6, 2018