While I do have a tendency to get seasick, I never get sick of hearing BLASTmedia’s very own social media diva (and vice president social media), Julie Perry, talk about emerging trends within social media. The lucky attendees at the International Superyacht Society’s Annual Membership Meeting & Breakfast, held during the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show, will have the opportunity to hear Julie speak as a panelist. Julie’s speaking on a panel titled, “Social Media and the Superyacht: What You Should Know.”
Among other things, the panel will discuss:
- How much time should be devoted to delivering social media messages
- How to determine whether clients, captains, and other targets are using these tools
- What makes for a terrific Tweet on Twitter
- The benefits of creating a YouTube channel (Julie Perry’s specialty!)
- Damage control: how to tackle a problem stemming from social media
- Monitoring your own company’s image on social media
As you may recall, this isn’t Julie’s first boat show – she keynoted the Marine Marketers of America’s Meeting at the Miami Boat Show earlier this year. In addition, many in the yachting world might know Julie as the author of “The Insiders’ Guide to Becoming a Yacht Stewardess” (her book just celebrated its fifth birthday!) or as the former VP of Marketing for TheBoaters.com social network (2007). Julie was also the creator, writer and host of TheBoaters TV video blog, for which she has received over 850,000 views on YouTube alone (sorry, had to brag about her).
WHO: Julie Perry, VP and director of social media, BLASTmedia. Moderated by Diane Byrne of MegayachtNews.com, other panelists include Sarah Bensimon of IGY Marinas, Kathy Kennedy of Ferretti Group, Brett Keil of The Maritime Executive, and Scott Lockman of Marsh Private Client Services Luxury Yacht Practice.
WHEN: Wednesday, October 26, 2011, 8AM to 10AM
WHERE: Grande View room at the Bahia Mar
Can’t make it to today’s panel? Never fear! Julie will be making her third speaking appearance at BlogWorld & New Media Expo, the world’s largest social media conference and tradeshow, next week. Julie’s session is titled Reviews Are the New Advertising and focuses on YouTube “teen haulers” and other reviewers.
- How Data Privacy and Cybersecurity are Changing the Tech Industry - March 26, 2019
- No Tricks Here, B2B Tech Coverage is Booming - October 2, 2018
- Five Reasons to Hire a PR Agency vs. In-House PR Pro - August 16, 2018
- What Does Agile Marketing Mean for PR? - May 15, 2018
- Going for Gold with Winning Media Coverage - March 6, 2018