Social Media Team Member Spotlight: Meet Chrissy Astbury
by Heike Baird June 28th, 2012
What do the Pacers, art appreciation, and social media mastery have in common? Chrissy Astbury! BLASTmedia team member Chrissy (nickname: Critter) spends her days working magic for her clients on every social network, from writing the perfect traffic-spiking Facebook ad to solving the mysteries of Google Analytics like Nancy Drew.
Her blogs are must-reads; her Pinterest curation skills are undeniable. But there’s a lot more to this smart gourmet cookie than meets the eye. Read on:
• Hometown: Zionsville, Indiana.
• College attended: Indiana University by way of a two-year detour in Boulder at the University of Colorado.
• Favorite childhood memory: Attending Pacer games at Market Square Arena.
• Favorite sport: NBA basketball—home to the most talented and athletic <1% of college basketball players.
• If you could have dinner with any NBA player from any era, who would it be? Basketball Jesus himself: Larry Joe Bird.
• Favorite movie:Hoosiers.
• Favorite meal: Anything my boyfriend makes, as long as it involves abundant carbs, starches, and cheese. Last night, for instance, he did an Italian/breakfast spin on a classic Canadian poutine, meaning potato chunks, bits of Smoking Goose lamb bacon and Andouille sausage, fresh mozzarella, and a sunny side-up egg, with a balsamic reduction drizzled on top.
• Random fact: I have orthodontia. Past a certain age, you don’t have braces; you have orthodontia.
• Three words to describe you: Good-humored individual.
• Three words to describe your pet: Cuddly baby dog.
• Favorite quote: “Go to heaven for the climate, hell for the company.” – Mark Twain