12 Things to Know About the Super Bowl in Indy in 2012
Not only are we excited that Super Bowl Weekend is here, but Team BLASTmedia is even more excited because the big game is taking place in our hometown of Indianapolis. In honor of this fact, we’ve compiled 12 of the most interesting Super Bowl 46 facts we could find in effort to show off how great Indianapolis truly is. Have a look!
- Capital Avenue in downtown Indianapolis is currently the home of the longest zip line in the United States. It runs through the middle of Super Bowl Village.
- #SB46 isn’t just about glitz and glamour. Rebuilding Together has built 10 homes and a playground in the Super Bowl Legacy Neighborhood. The Super Bowl Host Committee has planted 2,876 trees.
- 70,000 people will be watching the game live from Lucas Oil Stadium.
- Madonna has been working with Cirque Du Soleil to prepare for a mesmerizing half time show.
- In 2010 and 2011 Lucas Oil Stadium was named the Number 1 Best Artificial Playing Turf by the NFL Players Association.
- If you are a football fanatic and happen to be in Indy this weekend, we highly recommend you experience the NFL Experience.
- You can watch what is happening right now at the Super Bowl Village from the comfort of your own home here.
- Well over 50 concerts will take place in the Super Bowl Village with performances ranging from Darius Rucker and LMFAO to OAR and Patti LaBelle.
- Jimmy Fallon has not only been hosting his late night shows downtown but also made a special appearance at Butler University.
- Hundreds of fans swarmed Capital Avenue Friday morning for the Today Show filming.
- The Super Bowl’s Official Social Media Command Center is tweeting transit tips, assisting visitors with frequently asked questions, and relaying any additional important information to attendees.
- 8,000 volunteers have helped to make the Super Bowl a successful event.
No matter what team you’re cheering for on Sunday, we can all agree that Indianapolis has done a phenomenal job hosting the Super Bowl and its thousands of guests. We’re not choosing sides, but one shout out we’re happy to give: “GO INDIANAPOLIS!” (and notice, no Colts are involved in this instance).
Incoming search terms:
- butler bulldog logo
- orange pr blast media